To celebrate the arrival of The Beacon on Apple PodcastS, we're rereleasing some of the best episodes from previous years.
In this episode of The Beacon, Verity Bligh interviews Edward Lucas, senior editor at The Economist and author of “New Cold War” and “Cyberphobia”. They discuss past and present Russian power politics, the importance of cyber-security and the future of journalism in a world of “fake news”.
Edward Lucas’ book recommendations:
- “The Engineer of Human Souls” by Josef Skvorecky
- “The Captive Mind” by Czeslaw Milosz
- “The Great Terror” by Robert Conquest
- “Gulag”, “Iron Curtain” and “Red Famine” by Anne Applebaum
- “Bloodlands” by Timothy Snyder